Cesar Marius is a Master Theologian graduated from Loyola University’s Theology Department and a current graduate student of Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Cesar is completing a second master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling through Loyola University’s Pastoral Counseling Department.
Cesar is providing professional counseling services for adults, couples, and families. He was trained in Alcohol and drug abuse counseling at Phoenix House Mid-Atlantic (PHMA), Arlington Virginia. He is Certified by the Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study (FOCCUS), as FOCCUS Facilitator. Cesar is Certified by the Spanish Apostolate of the Diocese of Arlington as Ecclesial Minister. He is Certified by the Pastoral Formation Institute of the Diocese of Arlington as an Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies. He is Certified by the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) Learning Center as a Psychological First Aid (PFA). He is Certified by the National Council for Behavioral Health as Youth Mental Health First Aid USA. He is Certified by Theology of the Body Institute, Quarryville, Pennsylvania to teach Theology of the Body by St. John Paul II.
Cesar enjoys working with a diverse population. He offers a variety of specialties:
- Natural Family Planning (NFP)
- Marriage preparation for engaged couples in response to relational challenges in marriage and family life with the intent to build the strong foundation of a lasting union.
- Strengthening families through a comprehensive and practical approach of orientation, restoration and family renewal that will inspire, lead and transform the hearts of the family that will last a lifetime.
- Keeping families together through a series of dynamic lectures based on listening, writing and dialoguing to encourage couples to focus on building and strengthening a relationship in their families.
Cesar is happily married for 32 years. He and his wife have one daughter and two beautiful grandchildren. He enjoys dancing, cooking, and spending time with his family. He speaks Spanish very fluently and welcomes the Spanish-speaking Community as clients.
Areas of Concentration:
- Individual Counseling for families
- Individual Counseling for Adults
- Pre-Marriage Counseling
- Couples Therapy