How is the Imago Center Different From Other Agencies?
Our agency exists to facilitate the growth, wellness, and recovery of individuals, couples, families, and groups through professional counseling, consultation, education, and research. In this endeavor, we collaborate with local religious communities in a unique partnership of service and ministry that is respectful of individual beliefs and values, provided at fees based on income.
Certified in Imago Relationship Therapy
All of our counselors are trained and certified in the practice of Imago Relationship Therapy. We support ongoing development of Imago skills with regular supervision and continuing education. We support our therapists in writing and expressing their wisdom and knowledge through our blog.
Working From a Relational Paradigm
The relational paradigm asks us to shift our thinking from me to we. We are biologically wired to be in relationship with others: family, friends, colleagues, strangers, and intimate partners. Seeking to turn towards people is the relational paradigm.
We Offer Imago Workshops
- View all Workshops
- Getting the Love You Want™ is an immersive weekend event on being connected in relationship.
- Start Right Stay Connected invites couples to lay a foundation for communication, connection and understanding.
- Keeping the Love You Find™ is offered to individuals who want to understand the basis of their response to others in relationship with them.
We are a Nonprofit Agency
- The Imago Center is a 501c3 nonprofit.
- Our mission is to facilitate the growth, wellness, and recovery of individuals, couples, families, and groups through professional counseling, consultation, education, and research. In this endeavor, ICDC joins local religious communities in a unique partnership of service and ministry that is respectful of individual beliefs and values and provided at fees based on income.
We are Connected to the Community
We have historical roots with local community leaders and organizations that nurture the health and wellbeing of their members and the community at large.
We Strive to be a Model of DEI
- We are intentional about our contributions with our organization and how we can take that out to the community regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. We model this in how we are structured as a Sociocratic governance, how we make decisions, how we compensate our counselors and how we provide services where there are barriers to mental health.
- We actively recruit BIPOC Therapists and interns
- We have relationships with Historically Black Colleges and University’s to support the education and development of graduate studies in Imago Relationship Therapy
We Employ Sociocracy as a Form of Governance
Sociocracy is a structure in which we grow and maintain agile and resilient learning organizations, where BOTH the people AND the organization thrive!
We are Committed to Making Therapy Accessible
- At least, 10% of our clients are offered low-fee or pro-bono services
- We offer a need based sliding scale
- We provide Monthly Insurance-Ready Superbills upon request.
- We seek referrals from local organizations such as:
- Find a Christian Counselor
- Pro bono Counseling
- Local Churches