Imago Clinical Training for Professionals
Are you thinking about doing couples therapy but don’t really know where to start? Have you tried working with couples, but at times gotten really stuck? When you use the Imago approach, couples often feel much more connected…even after their very first session.The Imago structure can help couples create conscious, loving relationships, and clinicians often find renewed confidence and excitement with couples work!
Imago Clinical Training will help you:
- Understand the unconscious universal dynamics of why couples select one another and why conflict occurs naturally
- Guide couples to uncover the root problems and patterns fueling most conflict and disconnection
- Teach couples how to communicate in a safe and structured way that removes blame, shame, and criticism and lays the foundation for deeper and healthier connections
- Help couples heal together and work as a team
- Expand their relational competency skills so they can experience the relationship of their dreams
- Expand your self-awareness of the core aspects of your own relationship patterns
We are passionate about helping you on your journey of learning and developing as a Certified Imago professional. Once you’ve completed the training, you’ll become part of a global community dedicated to transforming the quality of connections of people in all types of relationships. We invest in you with a network of resources right at your fingertips. Learning and integrating the Imago model into your practice can make working with couples more fun, rewarding and successful.
What is the path to Certification in Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT)?
- Have a graduate degree in the mental health field (M.S.W., M.Div., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) OR enrollment in advanced degree program. Graduate students welcome!
- Proof of registration and license to practice as mental health professional in your country
- Be a member of a national professional organization with accreditation requirements that include clinical and supervised hours or meet equivalent requirements by state licenser, or describe and document your supervision history (ex: NASW for clinical social workers, AAMFT for marriage and family therapists, AAPC for pastoral counselors, APA for psychologists, AMA for psychiatrists)
- 300 hours of post graduate supervision (150 hours may be group supervision; 150 hours must be one-on-one supervision)
- License to practice psychotherapy if required by your state or province
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Two letters of recommendation from colleagues who know your work well
- Certification Requirements
- Attend (as a participant) at a Getting the Love You Want Weekend Workshop led by a Certified Workshop Presenter. Participation should be with one’s committed, intimate partner. Single therapists may attend with a close friend, relative or colleague of either gender.
- Attend all 12 Days of Imago Clinical Training delivered in three four-day modules
- 6 months of follow up clinical consultation (monthly), individual or group, showing videos of your developing skill in IRT
- Assist at a Getting the Love You Want Weekend Workshop during or shortly after Clinical Training
- Submit a passing video of your work
What is the cost?
- The investment for the 12 Day Imago Clinical Training is $3000
- The workshop cost as a participant is $750-$900
- 6 clinical consultations at $100 per session
- Session to show final tape for certification is $195
- If you are a grad student, we are offering a 20% discount on the training.
- Imago cohort: in an effort to build community, we are offering discounts if 3 or more therapists register together! 10% off Module One and 15% off if you register for the whole training!
- Non-therapist partners of trainees are strongly encouraged to attend and participate in the clinical training at a greatly reduced rate. The couple will be able to experience the positive impact of Imago tools and theory in their relationship. Partners do not have to attend supervision or submit videos.
- Payment plans and some scholarships available.
- CEUs available
- Clinical Instructor: Caroline Bernhardt-Lanier, MEd., MS, LCPC, PhD Candidate, Advanced Imago Clinician, Workshop Presenter, and Faculty Associate.