Exploring Sexuality for Young Adults (18-24)
This six-week group is based on the principles of the Our Whole Lives curriculum and seeks to give young adults a safe and affirming space to:
- Gain medically accurate information about sexuality
- Examine your own attitudes, beliefs, and experiences of sexuality
- Prepare to make safe sexual choices that are in line with your personal values
- Accept that sexuality is a natural and positive part of being human
- Learn to live a sexually positive life that values your own self-worth and the inherent worth of other people
Topics include sexual consent and assertiveness training, sexual decision making, sexual orientation, and gender identity, examining sexual scripts, healthy relationship skills, reframing sexuality and disability, and sex positivity.
The group will run virtually every Thursday, from January 13 through February 17, from 7 PM to 8:30 PM. It will be facilitated by Samantha Steinfeld.