Lena Derhally is a licensed and Imago certified psychotherapist specializing in trauma-informed individual, couples and sex therapy. Some of the issues she focuses on are: Anxiety/panic, difficult life transitions, grief, relational/self-esteem/
boundary issues, toxic workplaces and emotional/covert/narcissistic abuse with romantic partners and family members. Lena is eclectic in her style but uses a blend of psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral and solution-oriented modalities to help her clients achieve their goals.
As a working parent with young children in a transient city, Lena is passionate about helping her clients find inner peace, self-confidence, and balance in their lives. She believes in empowering her clients and giving them the tools to make healthy choices for themselves in all aspects of their lives.
Lena also enjoys working with diverse clients from various backgrounds and welcomes all people to her judgment-free office with warmth and empathy.
Previously, Lena has worked in hospital settings in oncology and palliative care, and with the homeless and mentally ill. In her spare time, Lena enjoys writing, public speaking, recording her podcast with colleague Bob Gordon and advocating and raising money for the disenfranchised and survivors of war.
She has a Masters in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola College, a Masters in Communications and Media Studies from Fordham University, and a BA in Psychology from Lehigh University.
Lena’s Imago work with couples focuses on the following:
- Couples who are having trouble navigating conflict in a healthy way
- Couples who want to work on communication skills
- Couples at a crossroads in their relationship, deciding whether to move forward or go their separate ways
- Couples who struggle with connection, intimacy, and safety
- Couples that are interested in understanding the deeper patterns and dynamics that are contributing to their issues
- Premarital Counseling
- Sexual issues and sex therapy
Lena is not currently accepting new clients.